Sunday, May 24, 2009

Introducing Search inXane

Just after a few hours, here comes another new feature on this page. A search engine had been implemented onto this page. It can be found just above the navigation bar. I'm sure you had noticed it.



Any search done on this search engine will direct you to a result page as shown below.



I'm not sure whether it is a good idea to provide such service or not. Since it is still under Beta Test, I'm trying out new stuffs. For private reason, since I made my blog as my homepage, it will be easier for me to type in my search just right above my blog.

So far for the conclusion of Beta Testing history:
  • Manually changing theme of blog by altering CSS code - [Success]
  • Mouse hover functionality test for future buttons - [Success]
  • Implementing CSS Dock below the blog - [Failure]
  • Adding Navigation Bar (Basic) - [Success]
  • Adding search engine and result page - [Success]
Out of five attempts, 4 success and 1 failure. The CSS dock idea wasa actually to put as the navigation bar. But since there much more to research, the idea of the dock will be put aside and replace it with normal hyperlink text.

That is all for today's testing for the blog.


Sign by,
Alvin Chan

No comments:

Post a Comment