Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hong Kong Scam: Strikes again!


Ladies and gentlemen, now I'm about to fore told my first hand experience on facing this tremendous Hong Kong scam. Here's how it started.

Week 1:
I was having semester break at the time being. Suddenly, a phone call rang on my hand phone. There's this lady calling from a company saying that this company is a group that deals with holiday resorts, hotels, and other leisure activities. She said her purpose for calling me is to conduct a survey. At the moment I did not really pay attention to what she said. All was in Chinese and I just go along with the conversation. She also asked me to note down this membership number A63328.



Week 2:
During this week, my new semester starts. I receive another private phone call from this group. I supposedly felt that it is the same lady again from the last week phone call. This time, she told me that on 15 September 09, Astro will have a program which their company will conduct a lucky draw session. She said that the program will start at 6pm and ask me to watch. Well since me and my family do not have Astro, I did not care much bout it. She also asked me what is my membership number and I replied her I've forgotten then she told me my membership number and advised me not to lose it again.

Week 3:
It was Hari Raya during this week and again I'm having one week of semester break. Another call came from this lady again. With her own excitement, she was announcing that I had won cash prize worth HK$380,000.00 which is converted to RM176,000.00. She said that since I did not claim the prize on that day, the company had my cash prize on hold. In order to get the cash prize, I need to give her my account number which I gave to her. She also told me that her manager will give me a call to confirm my details. She also gave out her office number which is 00852 3065 7232.

The next day, the manager did called me. He congratulate me and asking me to confirm my details and so on. He also ask me to call up Hang Seng Bank (fake) with the number 00852 3065 7232. Details given tome is that my account number is 3069 6909 7398. Password is 158158. So, I called up this "Bank" and the person who received me call had confirm with me my account balance is HK$380,000.00.

Week 4:
This week, yesterday, (Tuesday, 29 Sept 09) I called this group up since I'm curious why I still did not received the cash prize yet. This was what I was told. In order to received the money, I have to deposit an amount of RM4,400 for the bank insurance in order to proceed for the cash prize transaction and this deposit have to be cash into Public Bank account holder Kee Yong Guan (4562 5163 28). I was also told that once the transaction is successful, the deposit will be given back to me. I eventually believed him until I called my uncle whether is it reliable for this case to happen. My uncle said, as long as if I need to transfer money to them, they are related to financial fraud.

I did my research on this company named Yihao International Leisure Group provided with URL:www.yihaogroups.com What i did was using WhoIs to domain scan the URL to obtain it's IP address 202.65.207.245. As you know static IP address will not tell lies and traced down their location to Lok Shan Building, Ting On st., Ngau Tau Kok, HK. Compared to the address given on their website, it says they are located at International Finance Centre, HK. Therefore it is obviously a financial fraud.

My Revenge:
Today, I made my judgment day upon Yihao International Leisure Group. After my class, I called up Public Bank to inform them this financial fraud case and have this account holder Kee Yong Guan to be investigated. Next, I called back to this manager telling him that instead through Public Bank banking, for my convenient, I made a "bankdraft" from Maybank. Then, he asked me to fax the "bankdraft" to him. Well, I asked him is there any other way to send the "bankdraft". He replied saying that through e-mail will be possible and giving me such a lame e-mail, yihaogroups@HOTMAIL.com. I was like "WAD THE FUG?!!! HOTMAIL?"

While having my big laughter for such group using HOTMAIL for god sake! So, here came an idea instantaneously. My subconscious asked me to create my own "bankdraft" which looks like this.
==========================================


=========================================
Of course, I'm curious what is happening, so I called the lady's office number.

So I said, since I'll be having the cash prize after the process is successful, I'd like to pay Hong Kong a visit to meet them up.

Then she asked, did I really complete the process correctly? What stuff did I sent to their HOTMAIL? If I'm not going to take the cash prize then say so. Why treat them like a financial scammers. If that's so, then it's better that we STOP CONTACTING EACH OTHER!!!

With evil laughter, I answered back saying, that's the whole idea!

I'm glad that she was very pissed off... she banged off the phone...


The eND


Report by,
Alvin Chan.


Related article:
http://shimworld.wordpress.com/2007/11/21/hong-kong-scam-alert/

Tags: Hong Kong, HK, Scam, Financial Fraud, Lucky Draw, Yihao Group, Yihao Groups, Ng Tau Kok, Hong Kong Scammers Are Stupid, Hong Kong Leisure, Malaysia, Hong Kong Scam Malaysia, Malaysia got scammed by Hong Kong, Hack Hong Kong, 202.65.207.245, Peng Jian Zhi, Ng Pei Qi, Hang Seng Bank, Public Bank, Maybank, RHB, Bank, CIMB Bank, INTERPOL, International Police, Scam Alert, Luck, Jumbo Luck, Lucky.

13 comments:

  1. good job my bro! good job! datz y i love u! u're very good with this. actually I did the same as well. but mine with Power Root Tongkat Ali.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I wanted to play with them for a longer time.. thinking that using cross banking will lure more time to play with them ... somehow this manager is quick witted and ask me to send a soft copy of the "bankdraft". So I have no choice but to check-mate him. Sigh ...now no one to play with...

    ReplyDelete
  3. alvin , thanks for posting out such a valuable exp .. me too oso got the same call from tis yihao tis week and got the same number A63328 !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done alvin. Thanks for your sharing, these kind of ppl should be punished or at least annoyed them =) I am in Australia, also have this sort of scam. I almost believe it, it is a guy calling from hong kong 先进电子公司. I told him I worried he's a scam and I've been scummed before (it's not true though). He said he's genuine, name, phone no etc. He asked me how I'm going to use the money, even asked me not to tell anyone since financial crisis, it's dangerous to show it to others. In some point, I kinda believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're welcome :) and of course scammers will tend to make it sounds real else it won't be a scam .. hehe..

    Finally manage to post a reply... had been awhile busying with academics ... >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for ur sharing...yesterday i have received the same call oso, they gave me the same lucky number vs wat they gave u (A63328) n they ask me to claim my award.i felt curious abt tis, so i keep on searching internet abt tis company...until c ur blog here...anyway, thank u a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm surprise to see your blog, Alvin. I'm having a same case like you. I received a call from this YiHao Group on July, they said to me the same thing like what they said to you. I have been told that I won a prize worth HK$ 38000. I really trusted them at first, I began to feel suspect when they asked me to give 5% of that cash prizes for the bank insurance (RM 5280) . I told them that I don't have much money for that and they keep calling me to teach me how to collect that amount of money. Finally, I refused them by saying I was not interested with that money anymore.
    I did some research about this company also, I called the real Hang Sang bank number and Astro to find out weather this is true or not. They told that it might be scam!! I was so scared until now, because my personal details were given to them, I'm afraid they would use my name to do something illegals...........
    I never tell anyone about this, and I have made a police report...

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI, thanks very much for sharing, i got the same phone from this yihao company and even got the same membership number, A63328. SO when she was telling me all about the company, i was googling the company and found your blog, it was funny how i had to listen to her go on and on about the company while reading your blog. she was very convincing, actually. i think they change their office number to 0085230723383. and when i said i'll call her back with my bank details, she asked me to keep calling as the line is always busy. think she's busy scamming others. Anyway, thanks a lot for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow ... thx for the feedback ... i never thought this group of scammers would go on scamming for this long.

    Anyways besides this kind'a scams .. be aware of other types of electronical methods of scams. Humans now adays are much more frightful than a vengeful ghost...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ATTENTION:
    To Mr/Ms. Spammers it is a waste of time for you to post spams on my blog though it had not been updated for decades but this blog will not allow any spam contents such as above by Mr. wsxwhx673.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete