Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Blog: Amateur Design

As the title said, my blog have to be redesigned. After viewing G-inXane for many times, new ideas comes in but the thing is, how do you code it? I had a history of learning HTML codes since 2004/2005. I learned it myself and with MS FrontPage, I did quite a few own webpages and uploaded it to Geocities. I bet those pages are long gone since Geocities does delete inactive account and now Geocities free user account is close.

HTML isn't sufficient to create a good looking side. HTML is like learning basic modern maths, DHTML is like high school modern maths and come CSS is most suitable to be described as additional maths. I was playing around with CSS codes awhile ago until i managed the third column for G-inXane. After helping my dear old school friend to create her personal web page for her assignment purpose, using CSS coding for the page layout gave me more confident in learning more about CSS coding.

Above page was built using Kompozer (Freeware)

Of course my friend's web page wasn't build by my own coding since CSS codes are readily coded and displayed as templates for beginners to use. As long as you are able to understand the codes, it'll be easy for you to spot errors when you are editing them.

But before proceeding into the next stage. I have to know what topic is interesting for readers and being inspired of it. Basically, of course blogs are mainly to write about your life style, news, scientific topics etc. etc. but it'll be worthless if you write something which Gizmodo had already written right? Well, that'll be decided by the future me.



Without change, there will be no improvement.

Signing off,
Alvin Chan.

No comments:

Post a Comment