Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Visit to Miri: The Last of H3666

Here, I'm back from my journey to Miri, Sarawak. I used to study there at Curtin and live at a place called H3666 which had been officially dissolved today. About the H3666 faction, please view at dear Ham's blog, the 1st generation of H3666 member [!].


Before heading to Miri, I just noticed that there's this famous H1N1 influenza phenomenon happening around the globe at which Malaysia had recently reported that 25 victims were infected by this disease. However, everything goes well when I reached KLIA. During the check-in, I was required to sign a health declaration formed issued by the government for safety purpose.


During the flight, I had my breakfast as shown below. the blue cover container contains fried rice with Satay-chicken. TBH, the food provided doesn't impressed my appetite.


When I reached Miri, the departure hall was fully secured by the Miri airport guards. Wearing mask and protective coat, they sprayed some kind of prevention liquid onto my hand incase of any unwanted flu infection. There I waited for my fellow friends, May and Dollah to fetch me. On the way to lunch, I managed to take a picture of Bintang Plaza which had its building extended and under construction.

After our lunch, I had a campus tour by May at my old Curtin campus. Not much changes were made, except for new buildings were completed after I left the campus.

Campus Tour: Uh... wad this place again?

Campus Tour: Zen Garden

Campus Tour: Curtin Sports Centre

Dollah and May, instead of doing work, they play facebook street racing. Oh.. I forgot that they having sem break too...

Under the hot day of Miri weather, we ended up having cold drinks at the campus cafeteria. New stalls were opened which I did not had a chance to try since that I was filled up with lunch.

On that night, we had our re-union dinner at Merry-Brown in Bintang Plaza's new wing and watched Terminator Salvation at the cinema in Bintang Plaza which provided us with sucky service. We had a blackout the the best part. Damit!

My pasta for dinner at Deli France

The rest are the moments of my tour with my fellow Curtin friends which was the best week ever. Since that H3666 is dissolved. Every single bits of memory were cherished by each of us. The glory moments of H3666 will always remain in our photos we captured all this while and I never regret to be part of them. The master room-maties of H3666 giving their last cross-hand fare-well bites on their burger at Deli France, also at Bintang... >. <

Hallod and Ham, The First Gen of H3666

On the last day Dollah (going to Curtin Perth for further studies) and I leaving Miri, we had our last breakfast of the day at MIA's (Miri International Airport) Starbucks and also having our last chat with other friends that are going back to KL with the same flight of ours, MH2951.



This is it,

yet not the end.

Though its the end of H3666,

we still live our life through.

Every day,

every moment,

memories were made.

Therefore,

All hail 3666!

3666!

3666!

Teng! Teng! Teng!






Signing out
&
tired,
Alvin Chan

2 comments:

  1. omg.... the last sentences is bring back the old days.... argh... wan to forget about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....

    thou shalt not forget d lord of 3666

    ReplyDelete