Saturday, June 13, 2009

Atlantica Online [Preview]

For today's game of the day, here comes another MMOTBG, Atlantica online and yeah TBG - Turn Based Game. Finally, I manage to lay my hands on to this game ever since I had problem downloading the game client previously. BTW, there's problem taking screenshots of this game so, this post won't be able to include my screenshot.

Atlantica is a marvelous game compared to of all MMO which I played. Certain players might dislike its turn base strategy gameplay, but one advantage of this game is that, having to be able to control all 9 characters (max) ables you to solo along the game.

Another interesting part of this game is, many players especialy those high levels will send you items and gold when you first started out. So, I asked 1 of them, why so generous? He / she replied that, they gain experience point by doing so.

For the first time playing this game, it gives a feeling that you are in a parallel world of the current one since it has most similar world map as ours. Yeah, KL is included (written in my Facebook Notes [!])

FYI, I'm playing in in Thebes server and might spot me with character name GinShouki, as usual my MMO main character name. Also, this game is totally addictive! I nearly spent my whole day and night yesterday following up the quest. At least, I managed to pull off sometime middle of the night doing my work out. :D

Anyway, this is my rating for this game:
1. Graphic: [4 stars]
---compared to other MMOs I've played I like this one
2. Performance: [3 stars]
---Too bad its not very smooth at maximum graphic setting. Maybe there are loads of players
3. Environment: [4 stars]
---Very cool! But why start out in Korean province?
4. Gameplay: [4 stars]
---I'm not too sure what to comment since it is my 1st time playing MMOTBG. But much better playing classical Gundam turn base strategy game.
5. Quest: [5stars]
---Questing is easy after you're used to the game. If you can't find you way to the destination, just use auto run. Auto run function will just leads you to the point. No more long term keyboard pressing ^ ^

My first impression, I thought that playing turn base MMO will be sucky... but resulted different as what I expect. This game.... it's DANGEROUS!

(Oh yeah! they should fix the screenshot thingy... or izzit only my screenshot doesn't work well?)



Signing out,
Alvin Chan

2 comments: